Monday 30 August 2010

I Never Learn


At least, this is how it feels sometimes.
The sun always rises in the east and sets in the west, therefore when I get on the train/bus it's always always ALWAYS gonna be the same side of the train/bus that has the eye searing, brain melting sun beating down upon it preventing me from reading, pissing about on my phone or even thinking (which I find a near impossibility in any sort of heat).
Given the severe disadvantages of the sunny side of the vehicle (from my perspective anyhoo, some people may enjoy partial blindness and liquified warm brains draining out their ears) you'd think I'd have learned to pick a suitable seat by now eh? No. Not really. You see as a particularly long-legged gentleman my 1st criteria is generally leg room. Most public transport is either ancient or designed (I can only assume) as midget transport, therefore I often find myself sitting in the middle of bus seats splayed to such an extreme degree it's a hairs breadth from pain.
And the thing is, after you've sat down there's a bit of mental prohibition to actually moving. It's weird, I don't know what it is, but it feels like once you're arse is on a seat one should not move it until one has arrived at their destination. Really a bizarre state of affairs.
I can only conclude that I am insane.
I've been freedoms_stain, squinting at his phone screen through the eyeball searing sun, but hey at least this train is air conditioned, out.

No comments: