Thursday 15 October 2009

New Look

Decided to go for a new template. It’s still a work in progress, for example I haven’t managed to get adding comments to work under the posts themselves, instead clicking add comment will give you a blogger pop-up for commenting. So you can still comment, but it’ll be slightly different.

Still not 100% certain if I’m sticking with this one, I like a lot of things about it, but some things a wee bit less. The text and links are all a bit monotone. I might have another editing session on the XML tomorrow or next week, right now I fucking hate the stuff and am quite happy to leave it be as it is for a while.

Credit where it’s due, I got the template here: http://www.geckoandfly.com/2007/05/11/emire-blogger-xml-template/ Very thankful to all those involved in the templates creation, and thanks for letting me use it for free.

If you look closely at the geckoandfly demo and my blog you’ll see I adjusted the links, the sizes of text and widths of things. Getting it all to match up was an absolute nightmare. I’d like to see about making the post titles bigger, but again, it can wait.

freedoms_stain, not great with code, out.

No comments: