Friday 22 May 2009

Probably Not Moving Any Time Soon.

I speculated about moving to Wordpress last week, after a bit of research however I've decided against it. The issues I was having with Blogger seem to have been largely down to the narrow column width of my previous template and my own inexperience with HTML editing. After a bit of investigation I discovered widening the old template would require the use of custom images so as not to break everything, having no real idea how to go about that and not being all that fond of the template anyway I sought another template instead. So this is what I found- it's called Paperview, it's wider and looks better to these eyes. I do kinda lament the loss of the standard blogger bar at the top, I might see about editing that into this template, although I do like having the RSS links up there - which reminds me, you can subscribe to this blog, either posts or comments (or both) by clicking one of the RSS links at the top of the page. Perhaps I can regain the blogger bar and integrate the new links - showing my HTML n00bery again :s Aside from all that Wordpress just doesn't offer me the features I want. I like that I can embed anything on my blogspot blog and edit the HTML for the layout and use whatever visitor counter I want (there's a visitor counter powered by statcounter on my page) - Wordpress doesn't offer these features, and none of the widgets they do offer appeal very much. So here I will stay, and here I will learn. freedoms_stain, out. P.S. I have an interesting blog on social responsibility in the works - I think it's going to be a 2-parter, I have one part more or less completed, but I don't know if I should make it part 1 or 2, and the remaining part is rather heavy on the science and is gonna take me a while to write. We shall see.

No comments: