Thursday 16 April 2009

Introductions, Andy Murray and Mini Eggs...

Good day one and all, welcome to my brand spanking new blog, One Scots Thoughts. I am indeed from Scotland and on the web I'm known (or unknown as the case may be) as freedoms_stain (and variants thereof) so chances are if you've seen the handle elsewhere, same person here. I'm new to blogger but not to blogging, my previous blogging outlet was on ultimate-guitar.com, started out as a forum regular in "The Pit" moved on to being a fairly involved contributor to their profiles/community blogging endeavour, but with the increasingly "MySpaceness" of the profiles and general loss of interest in their overly spammy and ineptly moderated Pit forum (where I spent most of my time there) I decided to call it quits. However after a mere week I found myself missing the simple pleasures of firing my thoughts down and hurling them into the e-void for the scrutiny of faceless peers, so I sought another outlet, and that lead me here, Ta Da! So, to add some actual meat to this post, Tennis, or more specifically British No.1 (World No.4) Andy Murray (a fellow Scot no less). Recently beat World No.3 Novac Djokovic for the Indian Wells Masters and has made his way to the 3rd round of the Monte Carlo Masters (although I think he got a by through the 1st round). His third rpund match is suspended until tomorrow due to rain where he's ahead a set. And MAN what a 1st set, Murray loses the 1st 5 games, then pulls back the next 5 and takes it in the tie break. I swear British tennis players have some sort of genetically coded imperative to add drama to every competition they enter, one moment they'll be shitting form and the next they'll be shitting bricks (or vice versa as was the case today) The same thing happened with Djokovic, Shitting form on the 1st set, then bricks it in the middle of the 2nd set before pulling it out the bag again. Tim Henman put us through the same crap, except he spent more time bricking it, and usually towards the end of the match thus getting beaten all the time, whereas Murray tends to have his slips in the middle or at the beginning, regaining his form later on to clinch the victory. Still, it'd be nice to see a few more Federer (although not recently) or Nadal style cakewalks to victory here or there. A few pundits think this'll be Murrays year for a Grand Slam (ending the best part of a century of British Male singles Grand Slam shame), fingers crossed, the guy has shown he's got the chops to beat the best and the fitness issues that plagued his teenage years appears to have been exercised (lol pun) away. Last brain Fart for this entry: Oh yes, Cadburys mini eggs, the ultimate in egg shaped goodness. In Easters future I shall insist that my loved ones furnish me with mini eggs only, forgoing the traditional large hollow egg format. Why? Because mini eggs rule, you can't get em all year round, and that little crispy sugar coating adds a crunchy texture that makes the overall effect simply orgasmic. Mini eggs for everyone! I've been freedoms_stain, this has been my first blog on blogger (hopefully someone will read it :p) Look forward to firing out more thoughts and observations on here. Adieu

No comments: