Friday 17 April 2009

It should be a crime

I think I've just seen the most overweight child I have ever seen in my life. If you measured her BMI I'm pretty sure she's be in the morbidly obese category. Her father was a big guy too, but in that "yeah he's fat, but clearly built and not too unhealthy" kind of way, whereas his daughter was just pure blubber crammed into her clothes, belly hanging over a pair of ridiculously small jeans, her breathing distressingly laboured for someone no older than 12. And in all seriousness I think this should be considered a crime, it has to count as some kind of either neglect or abuse. The father seemed like a nice guy and everything, but he (or the childs mother) are literally feeding this girl to death. It really depresses me when I see this sort of thing, here in the West of Scotland we're "heart disease capital of Europe" and some people seem to be determined for us to keep the crown. If I had more time I'd rant some more about the state of Scotlands health but I don't. I promise myself right now if I ever have kids I will feed them healthily and make sure they get their arses out the door and exercise. freedoms_stain, out.

No comments: